Nepal Tea Tour - 9 Days
Located in the foothills of Mt. Kanchenjunga, the hills of Ilam are draped with lush green tea gardens.
Educational and entertaining, our Nepal Tea Tour gives you the opportunity to discover the beautiful tea gardens of Ilam and learn about the tea making process (harvesting methods, withering, bruising, oxidizing, heating and drying). Lead by local Nepalese tea experts, you will experience the life of a tea producer in Nepal.
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, our friendly representative will be waiting for you at the airport with a sign displaying your name. He will then drive you to your hotel.
Depending on your time of arrival, you are free to relax or explore the city.
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02. BARBOTE
- Outdoor clothing.
- Walking boots & sport sandals are ideal.
- Hat, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Notebook and pen.
- Medicine (in particular, diarrhea medication): Water Purification Tablets/ Isotonic Powder/ Basic First Aid Kit/ Diamox/ Oximeter / Ibuprofen for general aches and pains/ Imodium or Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Copies of important documents (passport, vaccination certificates, travel insurance) & extra passport photos.
- Power adapter.
*This list is not exhaustive.
- Pre-Departure support.
- Airport pick-up & drop-off.
- Professional and government licensed English-speaking guide.
- Local tea experts during the tea tour.
- All ground transportation.
- Domestic flights from Kathmandu to Bhadrapur and from Bhadrapur to Kathmandu.
- All activities as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Accommodation (8 nights): 3-Star hotel in Kathmandu and home stay in Barbote.
- Meals (refer to itinerary for meal plan).
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- All government taxes, VAT and service charges.
What’s NOT included
- International flights.
- Excess baggage fees (domestic flights).
- Tips for guide & others.
- Personal expenditures, all bar bills, laundry, shopping, telephone calls.
- EMERGENCY EVACUATION EXPENSES, Insurance of any kind. It is strongly recommended that you subscribe a proper travel insurance policy that covers illness, medical emergencies, trip cancellation, etc.
- Visa fees.
- Anything else not specified in the ‘what’s included’ section above.
- Kathmandu (2 nights): Carefully selected 3-Star hotel.
- Barbote (6 nights): Carefully selected home stay.
- Day 1: N/A.
- Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 4: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 5: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 6: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 7: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 8: Breakfast & Dinner.
- Day 9: Breakfast.