Nepal Odyssey Adventure Tour - 16 Days
TREKKING – MOUNTAIN BIKING – RAFTING
Our Nepal Odyssey Adventure trip gives you the opportunity to discover Nepal at its wildest and immerse yourself in the Nepalese culture and traditions.
We have put together this very special package so that you will have a unique adventure experience like no other in Nepal.
You will be trekking on lonesome routes that pass through several typical Nepali Villages and cycling in beautiful mountainous settings. You will also be rafting on some of the best white water rivers of Nepal: Sun Koshi and Tamur. The challenging rafting routes will excite and exhilarate you. Throughout this trip, you will get spectacular views of some of the highest mountains in the world.
Join us on this wonderful journey off-the-beaten-track!
Day 01. WELCOME TO NEPAL
Day 02. KATHMANDU SIGHTSEEING
Day 03. TREKKING: BHAKUNDE BESI TO KOT TIMAL
Early in the morning, after breakfast, we will drive to Bhakunde Besi.
We will start our trek from Bhakunde Besi. Along the way, you will get spectacular views of the Himalayas. You will witness wonderful views of Sun Koshi and Roshi Khola valley terraces. We will also take you to Buddha Chitta farms. Buddha Chitta beads (necklaces) are very pious, and Buddhists use these beads while praying. Buddha Chitta literally means "the mind of enlightenment".
After our visit, we will continue our trek to Kot Timal, the land of the Tamangs. We will set up our camp there.
Day 04. TREKKING: KOT TIMAL TO BHOTEPATI
We will wake up early in the morning, have our breakfast and head towards Bhotepati. Along the way, we will have stunning views of mountain ranges and valley terraces. We will also see Buddhist Stupas/ Monasteries and Hindu Temples. We will pass through several Tamang villages and Buddha Chitta farms. We will stop in Bhotepati to set up our camp.
Day 05. TREKKING: BHOTEPATI TO NEPALTHOK
After a filling breakfast, we will trek to Nepalthok, from Bhotepati. First, we will trek along the Mahabharat range and then, we will descend to Nepalthok. Nepalthok is a small town famous for its Sun Koshi river’s fish. In addition, on the way, you will be visiting one famous Hindu pilgrimage site – Kusheshwor Mahadev Temple. We will set up our camp in Nepalthok.
Day 06. MOUNTAIN BIKING: NEPALTHOK TO KHURKOT
Today, we will be cycling along the Sun Koshi beachside on the BP highway while enjoying the beautiful scenery. We will be cycling for about 35 kilometers and we will have lunch on the way. We will set up our camp on the Sun Koshi river bank in Khurkot.
Day 07. RAFTING: KHURKOT TO JHAGARE
Today, you will be rafting on the Sun Koshi.
After breakfast, we will pack our bags, reach our put-in point near Khurkot and start to paddle towards Jhagare. At first, you might think that the river is quite calm and paddling is easy but slowly the rapids of Sun Koshi increase, and you’ll have to pay attention while paddling. The highlights of the day are the exciting and challenging rapids – Meat Grinder (Class IV-), Punch (Class IV-), Judy (Class III), Pre-anxiety (Class III) and High-anxiety (Class IV-). We will set up our camp in Jhagare.
Day 08. RAFTING: JHAGARE TO PHIURE CAMP (RAIGHAT)
Today, we will test our team spirit as we come across the legendary Harkapur I and II (Class V-) rapids. After some paddling, you will see Dudh Koshi joining Sun Koshi. Depending on the season and Sun Koshi water levels, the rapids may or may not be runnable. We'll assess the situation carefully and make a decision. After crossing many rapids, we will reach Phiure Camp, where we will set up our camp and spend the night.
Day 09. RAFTING: PHIURE CAMP TO RASUWAGHAT
After breakfast, we will start rafting. We will encounter exciting rapids such as Jaws Rapid (Class IV-) followed by the notorious “Dead Man Eddy”. The main highlight of this rafting day is the rapid “Rhino Rock” (Class IV rapid); this rapid really looks like the horn of a rhinoceros. The way you pass this rapid depends on the level of water and guides’ decision. We will set up our camp for the night in Rasuwaghat.
Day 10. RAFTING: RASUWAGHAT TO WATERFALL
Today, we will continue rafting down the river; we will enter the tropical vegetation and Sun Koshi will become narrower. We will pass through a region referred as “Jungle Corridor” which is full of continuous rapids. As we move ahead, we will come across a series of waterfalls. We will set up our camp near a beautiful Waterfall, on the Sun Koshi river bank.
Day 11. RAFTING: WATERFALL TO TRIBENI
After breakfast, we will start rafting on Sun Koshi again, this time from Waterfall to Tribeni. The waters of Sun Koshi are calmer now. You can relax as you pass through smaller waves. However, you will come across two exciting rapids – Big Dipper (Class IV) followed by Blackhole (Class III). Soon, Arun and Tamur join the Sun Koshi in Tribeni (which means confluence of three rivers in Nepali). We will set up our camp in Tribeni.
Day 12. RAFTING: CHATARA AND MULGHAT (TAMUR)
After breakfast, we’ll start paddling down the river. We'll pass the famous Hindu temple of Baraha. The landscape is absolutely mesmerizing. After an hour long paddling, we will reach Chatara. From Chatara, we will drive to Mulghat to get to the Tamur River in order to continue our rafting trip. This section of Tamur is full of continuous rapids that you would not want to miss. This is the exact reason why we have also included Tamur in our expedition. We will set up our camp in Mulghat.
Day 13. RAFTING: MULGHAT (TAMUR) TO TRIBENI
Today, we will paddle on the Tamur River to reach Tribeni, one more time. We will raft through thirty exciting continuous rapids; the most notable are – Ashram (Class IV +), Hell Hole (Class IV) and Bat Below (Class IV). We will set up our camp in Tribeni, on the Sun Koshi river bank.
Day 14. RAFTING: TRIBENI TO CHATARA | DRIVE FROM CHATARA TO KATHMANDU
After breakfast, we will raft until we reach the famous Baraha temple. We will spend some time sightseeing; then we will paddle to Chatara – our final take-out point. We will have lunch at a local restaurant. From Chatara, we will take a private van/bus and drive to Kathmandu (approx. 14 to 15 hours' drive)*. We will stop on the way for dinner at a typical Nepali restaurant.
*There is another option; you can choose to go to Biratnagar from Chatara and then fly back to Kathmandu. If you choose this option, please mention this as a special request at the time of booking. You can also choose to extend your trip and go to the Chitwan National Park to enjoy the wildlife (extra cost).
Day 15. KATHMANDU
In the morning, we will reach Kathmandu. You will have time to rest and get fresh. You can go for a last minute souvenir shopping; if you require, our guides will recommend the places where you can buy those souvenirs.
In the evening, we will have our farewell dinner at a local restaurant, where you will also enjoy a Nepali cultural dance show.
Day 16. DEPARTURE
After a fun-filled trip, our journey ends. We hope you thoroughly enjoyed your trip. We will take you to the Tribhuvan International Airport. If you have time and would like to extend your stay in Nepal, we would be happy to offer our recommendations.
This package can be extended or customized upon request.
- Outdoor clothing: Outdoor clothing should be tough and comfortable. Jeans should not be worn, as they are slow to dry, clinging and cold. Walking boots & sport sandals are ideal.
- Water Bottle or Hydration Bladder.
- Daypack (25-30 liters).
- Trekking Pants & Shorts.
- Sun hat.
- Wash kit and towel.
- 1 waterproof jacket. Check the weather forecast before you go.
- Lightweight trainers.
- Medicine (in particular, diarrhea medication): Water Purification Tablets/ Isotonic Powder/ Basic First Aid Kit/ Diamox/ Oximeter / Ibuprofen for general aches and pains/ Imodium or Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- Copies of important documents (passport, vaccination certificates, travel insurance) & extra passport photos.
- Insect repellent.
- Power adapters.
*This list is not exhaustive.
- Pre-departure support.
- Airport pick-up & drop-off.
- Professional English speaking licensed guide (leader) during the entire trip.
- Professional English speaking licensed guides highly trained and safety certified to international standards in White-water River Guiding, Swift Water Rescue, and Wilderness First Aid.
- Professionally trained and certified safety kayakers.
- Quality rafting and kayaking equipment, including boats, kayaks, helmets, paddles, PFDs, dry bags and Pelican boxes.
- Mountain bike hire and helmet on day 06.
- All ground transportation.
- All activities as mentioned in the itinerary (except the extra trips suggested).
- Accommodation: 3-Star Hotel on twin sharing basis in Kathmandu and camping (with all necessary facilities including tents, shelters, mats and sleeping bags, etc.).
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary. Types of food provided: Throughout our expedition, we provide treated stream water for drinking. We employ crews with great culinary abilities. We will provide breakfasts, lunches and dinners during the expedition in a buffet style. So, yes you will have the freedom to choose what you like. If you have special dietary needs, please let us know about it. Sample menu for the expedition:
- Breakfast: Tea, Coffee, White Chocolate, Muesli and Cornflakes, Yogurts, Eggs, Toasts, Hashed Potatoes, Pancakes, Porridge, etc.
- Lunch: Bread, Cheese, Salami, Tuna, Sardines, Baked Beans, Salads, Fresh fruits, and Biscuits.
- Dinner: Pasta, French Fries, Curries, Steamed or Fried vegetables. We also provide Nepali Dal, Bhat in rotation.
- Treated drinking water.
- All necessary permits.
- Entrance fees for Day 2.
- One pillow and one blanket per person on the way back to Kathmandu.
- First aid kits.
- All gear raft support.
- Team photos.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- All government taxes, VAT and service charges.
What’s NOT included
- International flights and domestic flights.
- Tips for guides, driver & others.
- Personal expenditures, all bar bills, laundry, telephone calls.
- Medical examination (if required) & vaccination costs.
- Optional trips.
- Visa fees & Travel insurance.
- Anything else not specified in the ‘what’s included’ section above.
- Kathmandu (3 nights): Carefully selected 3-Star hotel.
- Kot Timal (1 night): Camping.
- Bhotepati (1 night): Camping.
- Nepalthok (1 night): Camping.
- Khurkot (1 night): Camping.
- Jhagare (1 night): Camping.
- Raighat (1 night): Camping.
- Rasuwaghat (1 night): Camping.
- Waterfall (1 night): Camping.
- Tribeni (2 nights): Camping.
- Mulghat (1 night): Camping.
- Day 1: N/A.
- Day 2: Breakfast.
- Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 4: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 5: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 6: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 7: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 8: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 9: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 10: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 11: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 12: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 13: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 14: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
- Day 15: Breakfast & Farewell Dinner.
- Day 16: Breakfast.
Good health and passion for adventure.
We require at least a minimum of 6 travelers for this adventure tour.